Whether you are performing with live instruments, recording in a studio producing web content, or reading a speech, having a microphone stand will bring you more convenience and flexibility. The main purpose of these stands is to hold your microphone steadily so that you can concentrate on the performance. They can attach to desks and tabletops, and many prefer them because of the flexibility they provide.
Regardless of the microphone stand model you want, there are some very common features you should check out. Mostly, you have to check the stability and construction of the stand. If you are planning to invest in a suspension boom scissor arm stand in 2020, our guide below has the 10 best reviews and a buyer’s guide.
List of 10 Best Suspension Boom Scissor Arm Stands in 2020
#10. DuaFire Microphone Arm Stand
This arm stand is built with a versatile design that makes it perfect for all microphones. It has a flexible construction, where it has a horizontal or a vertical reach of about 37.5” and a 360-degrees rotation to allow you to switch a position that works best for you. Besides, the quality and versatile design make it a perfect choice for recording, broadcasting, video making, TV station use, studios, and home use.
It has a quality steel frame and an iron base that can support microphones weighing from 1.32lb to 3.31lbs when you combine it with a shock mount. Once you set the perfect angle that works for you, it does not slip or sag.
- Built with a versatile design
- It has a horizontal or vertical reach of about 37.5”
- Features a 360-degrees rotation
- Equipped with a quality steel frame and an iron base
#9. VIVO Black Adjustable Microphone Arm Mount
The microphone stand features a steel pole and a mount that is designed to offer maximum scratch resistance and stability for your equipment. It has a pneumatic spring arm that is designed to offer smooth and fast adjustment of your microphone stand. Besides, the arm is built to extend up to 17”, offering you enough space for your preferred setup.
It provides you with full-motion, where you can enjoy -90-degrees to +90-degrees tilt, and 90-degrees swivel to accommodate different working angles. The arm mount has a sturdy C-clamp that allows you to securely fasten the microphone to a variety of surfaces, including podiums, desks, and tables. In addition, you will find an optional grommet mount for extra mounting options.
- It made with high-grade aluminum and steel construction
- Offers -90-degrees to +90-degrees tilt, and 90-degrees swivel
- Arm extends up to 17”
- Comes with a sturdy C-clamp for simple mounting
- Features a pneumatic spring arm for easy adjustments
#8. Microphone Suspension Adjustable Stand
This stand is equipped with two 14.2” foldable arms and the stand is extendable up to 31.5”. The stand is simple to mount with the included mount without needing complicated tools. Furthermore, it has an added soft mat that will never damage your furniture when in operation.
Our stand has a heavy-duty spring that allows it to support heavy microphones and it is compatible with microphones with up to 4.4lbs. The steel and electrostatic powder coating make the stand resist rusting and increase durability.
- Fitted with two 14.2” foldable arms
- Extendable up to 31.5”
- Simple to mount without needing complicated tools
- Features an added soft mat for furniture protection
- Equipped with a heavy-duty spring that supports up to 4.4lbs
- It has an electrostatic powder coating
#7. YOTTO Microphone Stand
It is an all-in-one combo that comes with everything you require for your studio recording. The stand features a 3” cable that enables you to tie for fast organization of different mic cables. Unlike other mic stands that use plastic screws, our stand uses all-metal screws to offer a larger bearing capacity.
The mic stand is built with an integrated design that helps to prevent any breaking that occurs in traditional stands. It has an added soft rubber pad that can be clamped to a maximum thickness of 5cm, and it is hard for it to fall off in use because it is bound with powerful glue. Furthermore, it has a dual-layered mast filter that helps to block any noises, air blasts, or wind interference.
- Features a 3” cable for fast organization
- Uses all metal screws for large bearing
- Built with an integrated design that prevents breaking
- Features an added soft rubber pad
- Fitted with dual-layered mast filter
#6. Weymic 35 Universal Microphone Stand
The microphone stand is designed to easily clamp to any rectangular or square place without causing scratches. It has dual suspension springs on each boom arm to protect your microphone from sudden drops. Our stand is perfect for voice-over sound studio, radio broadcasting studio, and many more.
The scissor arm is made of quality metal material with a powerful coating that resists scratches and rusting to increase durability. Additionally, the slim design allows you to mount it on different surfaces without occupying much space.
- Made of quality metal frame material
- Built with a slim design for less space mounting
- It has dual suspension springs to prevent drops
- Clamps to any rectangular or square place
#5. Microphone Stand for Blue Yeti
This is a professional recording microphone stand that is built with an adjustable design to suit all your needs when doing your recordings. The arm works perfectly with most Blue Yeti microphones and standard-sized microphones. Besides, it has a universal mic clip and adjustable shock mount that offers you more possibilities.
It has an all-zinc alloy construction that makes the stand simple to carry, and the construction is scratch-free. The stand features an anti-scratch pad and a mouth that extends up to 2.16”. You can change the diameter of the microphone clip by adjusting the O-rings on the shock mount, and it suits microphones with a diameter of 4.5cm.
- It is fitted with two screen pop filters
- Built with an adjustable design
- Works best for Blue Yeti and standard microphones
- Features a universal mic clip and adjustable shock mount
- All-zinc alloy construction increases durability
- It has an anti-scratch pad and an extendable mouth
- Perfect for mics with a diameter of 4.5cm
#4. NEUMA Professional Microphone Stand
The microphone stand is designed for o suit all your professional recording needs and broadcasting work. It is compatible with all standard size microphones, such as Blue Yeti that is widely used by most professionals. Moreover, the construction of this stand is heavy, making it hold heavy mics perfectly without losing strength.
It is fitted with a pop filter that helps to prevent noise during your recordings. This mic stand has two 14.5” adjustable arms and you can bend it in a portable size, making it simple to carry. Our package comes with a table clamp with a dual soft mat that protects your furniture, and it has a microphone clip that suits most traditional microphones.
- It is equipped with a pop filter that prevents noise
- Comes with a table clamp with a soft mat
- Fitted with two 14.5” adjustable arms
- Features a microphone clip for traditional microphones
- Made of a durable and heavy-duty construction
- Perfectly works with most Blue Yeti microphones
#3. InnoGear Microphone Arm Stand
The microphone arm stand is built with a foldable design to help free up space on your desk. It has a maximum reach of 38-inches horizontally and 37-inches vertically to provide you with maximum convenience. With this stand, you can place microphones freely within an adjustable range and it will not bounce.
It is made of sturdy steel that holds your microphone perfectly without wobbling, and the thickness of the arm tube is improved from 0.39” to 0.53”, and holds up to 4.4lbs. The stand has a 5/8” connector that is compatible with microphones, such as Blue Yeti, Blue Snowball, and many more. in addition, it has a built-in spring balance system that looks improved than other arms.
- Built with a foldable design to help save space
- Features an extendable design to suit your needs
- Places microphones freely without bouncing
- Made of sturdy steel that holds heavy mics
- Features a thickness tube improved from 0.39” to 0.53”
- Equipped with a 5/8” connector that works with most microphones
#2. Upgraded Adjustable Microphone Stand
Our microphone stand is equipped with strong springs that are adjustable and they have a good weight-bearing capacity of more than 4.4lbs. You can change the diameter of the mic clip by adjusting the O-rings that are fitted on shock mount. It is equipped with an adaptor and instruction that makes it simple to set up.
Each arm has dual suspension springs that help to protect your microphone from dropping, shaking, or making noise. It comes with all the accessories you need to mount it on any table without needing tools. Furthermore, it has a layer of sponges that increase protection for your desktop, and you will find a soft mat that protects your furniture from damage.
- Designed to hold up to 4.4lbs
- Features an adaptor and instructions for setup
- Equipped with strong springs for impact protection
- Fitted with dual suspension springs on each arm
- Comes with all the needed accessories for hanging
- Features a layer of sponges and a soft mat
#1. Neewer NB-35 Microphone Arm Stand
It has a pop filter nylon net that helps to prevent noises, plosion, and popping to give you perfect vocal recordings. The stand has a 360-degrees flexible gooseneck that offers you different positioning angles as you want. Our microphone stand is made of quality steel that feels sturdy and it is durable. Other than that, it is built in a way that it can mount to any tabletop or a flat surface using the adjustable positioning screw.
The stand is fitted with adjustable arms that allow you to carry it with ease and you can perfectly adjust the height and an angle that works well for you. It is ideal for stages, families, studios, broadcasting, TV stations, stores, and many more. In addition, it has a mic clip holder that mounts to most standard-size handheld microphones.
- It features a pop filter net
- Features a 360-degrees flexible gooseneck
- Made of quality steel that is sturdy
- Mounts to any tabletop or flat surface
- Equipped with adjustable arms for easy carrying
Things to Consider when Choosing a Suspension Arm Stand
- Weight: When you want to purchase a mic arm stand, weight is an important consideration. Most people go for light stands because they enhance flexibility, but they are not that great when it comes to maintaining stability. The heavy stands can maintain stability well, even when holding heavy mics. If you will be making a lot of movements, go for a lightweight stand.
- Flexibility: Having a flexible suspension arm stand for your mic will increase your comfort when doing your task. Always go for an arm stand that is built with an adjustable design so that you can switch perfectly to a height that suits your needs. Besides, make sure you can switch positions without having any struggle. Avoid a stand that is not adjustable because you will have problems and you will not the flexibility needed for perfect recordings.
- Construction: You will find that suspension arm stands are constructed from different materials but steel and metal are the most used. These materials are preferred because they have a high load-bearing capacity. They can hold a number of microphones without shaking or losing stability. There is no day you will ever find your mics falling on the ground. Besides. They have a scratch-free coating that protects against scratches and rust.
- Mounting: Before you purchase an arm stand, make sure it comes with all the required accessories to make your setup work simple. It should not involve complicated work because you might find yourself doing it wrong. In addition, go for an arm stand that screws tightly to prevent your mics from falling.
Microphone arm stands are very ideal when you want to make high-quality recordings. They will allow you to record from different heights and angles without any struggle. In our guide above, we hope you’ve seen a model that will work perfectly for you. Take your time and choose a perfect arm stand that will never disappoint you.